- Where: www.WTSO.com
- When: Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Time: 6AM ‘til Midnight ET
- Every offer will be priced from $7.99 to $18.99 in our normal format (one item at a time)
- A new offer will be posted every 15 minutes (or sooner if the previous item sells out)
- Over 75 different wines (reds, whites, and sparkling) will be offered throughout the event featuring various varietals from around the world
- All orders MUST be placed online - no phone orders will be accepted
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to check out completely each time you see a wine you would like to purchase. Do NOT hold items in your shopping cart; they will not be available after the item has sold out.
- Ground shipping is FREE on an order of four or more bottles of the same wine. We cannot 'mix and match' bottles (orders) for this Marathon.
- All orders will ship from our climate-controlled warehouse by March 17, 2015.
- You can still request a ‘Future Ship Date’ while checking out. However, this date must be after March 17, 2015.
- Not sure when to ship due to weather? Please select 12/31/15 and we will release upon request (date requested must be after March 17, 2015).
NOTIFICATION OF A NEW OFFER
- There are NO EMAIL, FACEBOOK, or MOBILE DEVICE NOTIFICATONS for any specific item during our Marathons (please see below for futher explanation). You can always see the current deal on WTSO.com or through our WTSO mobile app.
- You can use Twitter for notification of each new item (details below; you do not need a Twitter account).
Why no Emails or Mobile Device Notifications?: On Marathon days we will not send out email or mobile device notifications for every new wine. Allow us to clarify why we only post the updates on Twitter during the event. We want all our Members to get notifications in the most convenient manner, and we don't want you to miss a thing! However, it is impractical for technical reasons to send notifications for wines that will only be available for a few minutes. Specifically, it takes so much time to send an email/mobile notification to our large member base that by the time you would receive the notification that item would already be gone. Plus sending over 100 emails in a single day to that many people would look suspicious and probably get our email filtered as junk. Neither of those is a good outcome! Plus who wants 100 WTSO emails in their inbox in one day? Or 100 notifications on their phone or tablet? Sorry, we know that not everyone has a Twitter account, but it is the fastest method of notification. Please know that the website or our WTSO mobile app is always the best way to see what deal is currently live!
How to follow the offers: Twitter is the best publishing medium for this kind of event. You do not need a Twitter account to follow us. You can simply load our Twitter page in your browser and it will refresh with each new item. You can see our Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/WTSO (again, there is no need to have a Twitter account).
Twitter SMS: If you have a Twitter account you can follow us and/or use a Twitter app to get notifications. Twitter also provides SMS notifications, which you can activate by texting "follow wtso" to phone number 40404. Note that this is a service provided by Twitter and your cellular service provider (standard text messaging rates apply), and WTSO has no responsibility or control over delivery. You can stop the service by replying "STOP" to one of the messages. Find us on Twitter at twitter.com/WTSO.
Smartphone Apps: We have smartphone apps for iPhone and for Android platforms. Both Apps normally notify you of new items each time they are offered, however we do not send theses "push" notifications to smart devices during our Marathon events because they may not arrive within the 15-minute window for each offering. Again, the best way to view the current deal is to visit WTSO.com.
Facebook: We will post updates, answer questions, run giveaways and contests, and have some fun during the event on Facebook. However, we will not post every wine during Marathons to our Facebook page (it just isn't being a good Facebook neighbor to do so). So please join us on our Facebook page for insights, hints, and fun!