WTSO.com 'Anything Goes Wine Marathon' Details
We love our Members and wanted to show you our appreciation through a Marathon that benefits the requests we get most frequently: no minimum bottle quantity and the ability to combine orders.
We hope you enjoy this added service on September 8th!
**Please note: All orders will be shipped by September 22nd. This will give us time to combine orders into the fewest number of boxes.
- When: Monday, September 8, 2014; beginning at 10AM ET
- Do NOT hold items in your cart! Our quantities are limited and sell out quickly
(there is a 15 minute maximum offer time; see below).
- Ground shipping is FREE on any order, no minimums.
- All orders will shipped from our warehouse by September 22nd. This will give us time to
combine orders into the fewest number of boxes.
- Make sure to check out completely each time you see a wine you would like to purchase. They
will NOT be held in your shopping cart after the item has sold out. We will do the work for you
(combine your orders) after the Marathon is over.
- You can still request a ‘Future Ship Date’ while checking out. However, this date must be after
September 22nd; we will not ship orders from this Marathon before this date.
- The wines offered will be from all price points.
- A new offer will be posted every 15 minutes (or sooner if the item sells out).
- All orders MUST be placed online - no phone orders will be accepted.
- There will be NO EMAIL, FACEBOOK, or MOBILE DEVICE NOTIFICATONS for any specific item during the Marathon.
- You can use Twitter for notification of each new item (details below; you do not need a Twitter account). You can always see the current deal on WTSO.com or through our WTSO mobile app.
Why no Emails or Mobile Device Notifications?: On Marathon days we will not send out email or mobile device notifications for every new wine. Allow us to clarify why we only post the updates on Twitter during the event. We want all our Members to get notifications in the most convenient manner, and we don't want you to miss a thing! However, it is impractical for technical reasons to send notifications for wines that will only be available for a few minutes. Specifically, it takes so much time to send an email/mobile notification to our large member base that by the time you would receive the notification that item would already be gone. Plus sending over 50 emails in a single day to that many people would look suspicious and probably get our email filtered as junk. Neither of those is a good outcome! Plus who wants 50 WTSO emails in their inbox in one day? Or 50 notifications on their phone or tablet? Sorry, we know that not everyone has a Twitter account, but it is the fastest method of notification. Please know that the website or our WTSO mobile app is always the best way to see what deal is currently live!
How to follow the offers: Twitter is the best publishing medium for this kind of event. You do not need a Twitter account to follow us. You can simply load our Twitter page in your browser and it will refresh with each new item. You can see our Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/WTSO (again, there is no need to have a Twitter account).
Twitter SMS: If you have a Twitter account you can follow us and/or use a Twitter app to get notifications. Twitter also provides SMS notifications, which you can activate by texting "follow wtso" to phone number 40404. Note that this is a service provided by Twitter and your cellular service provider (standard text messaging rates apply), and WTSO has no responsibility or control over delivery. You can stop the service by replying "STOP" to one of the messages. Find us on Twitter at twitter.com/WTSO.
Smartphone Apps: We have smartphone apps for iPhone and for Android platforms. Both Apps normally notify you of new items each time they are offered, however we do not send theses "push" notifications to smart devices during our Marathon events because they may not arrive within the 15-minute window for each offering. Again, the best way to view the current deal is to visit WTSO.com.
Facebook: We will post updates, answer questions, run giveaways and contests, and have some fun during the event on Facebook. However, we will not post every wine during Marathons to our Facebook page (it just isn't being a good Facebook neighbor to do so). So please join us on our Facebook page for insights, hints, and fun!