Lamb sausage rolls: the perfect fall & winter dish for indoor game nights and movie marathons. Serve these addictive appetizers for up to 6 people in just 40 minutes on any cozy weeknight.
Give yourself an extra little treat by pouring yourself a glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape or Côtes du Rhône. Pair these bottles with your Lamb Sausage Rolls and Compare Wines from the Rhone Region when you sip through this week’s Weekly Tasting set.
Get your shopping list ready – it’s almost time to start cooking!
- 1 lb lamb sausage
- 2 sheets (17 oz) boxed puff pastry
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Defrost puff pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together sausage, bread crumbs, 1 egg, thyme, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide into 6 equal parts. Set aside on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut each of the 3 long rectangle sections in half lengthwise. Brush the top sides with mustard. Place 1 piece of the sausage on top of the mustard and roll it up tightly, overlapping the end by 1/2 inch. Cut off any excess pastry and seal the edge by brushing with water. Repeat with remaining pastry and sausage.
- Place the rolls, seam side down, on the lined baking sheet. Score each roll diagonally in 6 equal portions about 2 inches apart. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water, then lightly brush on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Slice along the score marks and serve with additional Dijon mustard, if desired.