Different Styles of Red & White Wine
With several types of white and red wine styles to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. We have created a quick guide to help you understand a few of the different styles of wine we offer, as well as the food combinations that pair well with them. Be sure to follow the link for a more in-depth guide about these wine styles.
Red Wine Styles
- Merlot - For those of you who are trying red wine for the first time, an easy-to-drink red wine style like Merlot may be where you want to start. This pairs exceptionally well with almost any type of food. It often has a combination of black cherry, plum, and herbal flavors.
- Pinot Noir - This style of wine is known as the go-to drink with any grilled salmon, chicken, lamb, and even sushi. The overall structure of this style of wine is fresh and simply delicate. It often tastes very fruity, since a combination of cherries, strawberries, and plums are commonly used to produce it.
- Cabernet Sauvignon - We can't forget to mention one of the most popular styles of wine out there. This full-bodied wine brings dark, fruity flavors that go best with red meats. A true favorite across the globe.
White Wine Styles
- Chardonnay - This is one of the most popular white wine styles around. A good Chardonnay should have a fruity citrus flavor, along with tastes of melon, vanilla, creaminess, and more. This drink is ideally paired with fish or chicken dishes.
- Moscato - This is one wine that's actually best enjoyed without food. Moscato wines are very sweet and fruity.
- Sauvignon Blanc - When you're having seafood, poultry, or even a salad, this wine style may be what you want. The flavors in this particular style can be anything from sour green fruits to tropical fruits. It usually has a strong acid finish to it.
Now that you that you understand more about the different styles of wine, we invite you to browse our selection of each and see which ones catch your eye. Don't be afraid to try something new and expand your wine palate even further. If you have any questions or would like some help, our team will happily assist you. Explore our inventory and order your wine online from WTSO today!