Domaine Pascal et Mireille Renaud Pouilly-Fuisse Vieilles Vignes 2015
By Wine Enthusiast
Domaine Pascal et Mireille Renaud 2015 Vieilles Vignes (Pouilly-Fuissé)
Designation: Vieilles Vignes
Appellation: Pouilly-fuissé, Burgundy, France
Winery: Domaine Pascal et Mireille Renaud
Bottle Size: 750.00 ml
Date Published: 10/1/2016
A rich, ripe while still mineral wine, this is concentrated and dense with fruit. It has a good texture as well as a layer of toast that gives extra depth. The wine has spice and a stylish, crisp aftertaste. Drink from 2017.
By Domaine Pascal et Mireille Renaud
Pouilly-Fuissé Vieilles Vignes
- Grape-variety: Chardonnay
- Average age of vine: 65 years
- Area: 5 hectares
- Exposure: south, southeast
- Ground: clay, marly
Winemaking and Maturing
- Plowing, grassing
- Hand-made vintage
- Fermentation in new barrels of 500 liters, and large barrels
- Fermentation with natural yeast on grapes
- Maturing on fine lees for about 10 months
- A little or no filtration
- Colour: fat, golden yellow
- Nose: nuanced fresh fruit, white flowers
- Mouth: fresh, mineral, a pleasant finish with fresh fruit, well-constituted and vivid.
- Ageing: Could be enjoyed young, but it is strongly recommended to wait a few years.
This wine will evolve, with aromas of peach, quince and crystallized fruits. Both mature wine lovers and novices alike will enjoy.
Conditions of service: chilled, 10 to 12°C, don’t hesitate to carafe.
Food of accompaniment: with starters, dishes and cheese.
[Information provided by Olivier Nouet]
[Information is not vintage specific]