Domaine Pascal & Mireille Renaud Pouilly-Fuissé 'Vers Cras' 2015
By Domaine Pascal & Mireille Renaud
Pouilly-Fuissé ‘Vers Cras’
- grape-variety: Chardonnay
- average age of vine: 75 years
- area: 2 hectares
- exposure: south, southeast
- ground: chalky
Winemaking and Maturing
- plowing, grassing
- hand-made vintage
- fermentation in barrels of 500 liters
- fermentation with naturel yeast on grapes
- maturing on fine lees for about 12 months
- a little or not filtration
- Colour: fat, golden yellow, heavy
- Nose: lemony nuance, fine, pure
- Mouth: chopped, straight, pure, saltiness
- Ageing: Could be drunk since the first year but it is recommended to wait a few years, this wine opens with time, be patient!
- Conditions of service: chilled, 10 to 12°C, don’t hesitate to carafe.
- Food of accompaniment: with seafood or simply share with wine lovers.
[Information provided by Olivier Nouet]