Enjoy this recipe alongside a chilled, refreshing glass of rosé!
- 4 large eggs
- ½ lb haricots verts or thin green beans, trimmed
- ½ lb baby yellow potatoes
- 1 head lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 medium seedless cucumber
- 6 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup oil-packed tuna or white beans
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup nicoise olives
- 2 tbsp capers
1. In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil. Carefully add eggs and hard boil for 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, keep water boiling and remove eggs to a bowl of ice water to chill for a few minutes. Peel; set aside.
2. Add green beans to the pot of boiling water. Blanch for about 3–4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the bowl of ice water. Then, add potatoes and cook until tender, about 12–15 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the bowl of ice water. Remove vegetables from ice bath and pat them dry after they are cooled.
3. Make dressing by whisking the oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey together. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
4. Arrange lettuce on a plate as a base. Divide the cooked and raw vegetables into four, distributing them eventy among the plates. Add tuna on top. Drizzle dressing over the salad, and top with olives and capers.
Serve this dish alongside a glass of rosé wine from the upcoming Weekly Tasting, available soon!