If you’re searching for a go-to weeknight dish that is easy to prepare at home but tastes like you had it at a 5-star seafood restaurant, look no further than this Pesto Shrimp Pasta. This must-have date-night seafood dish can serve 4 in just 25 minutes, and pairs perfectly with wine for an elegant night at home!
Match this meal with a glass of Italian wine from our latest Weekly Tasting set, Italian Value: 3 Unique Wines From Sicily to make your cozy night in one to remember.
Now, the good part: let’s get cooking.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- 12 ounces pasta, such as spaghetti or bucatini
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped and steamed
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
And how to put it all together:
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
2. In a food processor, pulse basil, pine nuts and garlic until finely chopped. Pulse in grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons at a time. Slowly add in olive oil until pesto reaches a smooth consistency.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and saute for 4-6 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
4. Add pasta to the skillet, and then add pesto and toss to combine. Add reserved pasta cooking water until sauce coats the pasta smoothly. Top with toasted breadcrumbs and additional Parmesan.
Simple ingredients, easy instructions, quick cooking time, a delicious wine pairing….what can be better than that? We’ll let you get to creating this Pesto Shrimp Pasta; but first, don’t forget to purchase its perfect wine pairing in our latest tasting, Italian Value: 3 Unique Wines From Sicily. Happy cooking!