Need a new meal idea to make on a chilly weeknight? This mouthwatering Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken serves 4 people in about 45 minutes of prep & cook time.
Once you start digging in, don’t forget to pair your chicken dish with a glass of CDP or CDR from the current Weekly Tasting set, Compare Wines from the Rhone Region.
But let’s start with cooking. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 – 12 slices prosciutto
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a small knife, make an incision in the top rounded end of a chicken breast. Try to cut through the center to form a pocket for the stuffing without tearing the sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sage and egg. Then season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to stuff the chicken breasts with the ricotta mixture. Seal the cut end of the chicken closed using a toothpick. Repeat with the other chicken breasts.
- Roll prosciutto around each stuffed breast and place seam side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large cast iron pan over high heat. Sear the chicken, seam side down, for about 2 minutes. Then flip the chicken and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until the center of the chicken registers 160 degrees F, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add garlic and shallots and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and cook until reduced by half, then add the remaining butter. Add the parsley, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.