Summer is coming to a close, so it’s time to soak up the sun and enjoy some seasonal seafood & wine pairings before it’s too late! Create this Seared Tuna Tataki for 4 in just 20 minutes — and with all the time you’re saving, enjoy a bottle of crisp white wine from France in the new Weekly Tasting, Chardonnay: The French Traveler!
Here are the ingredients you need:
1 lb sushi-grade ahi tuna
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp neutral oil (vegetable or peanut)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
And these are the simple directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and sesame seeds. Pat tuna dry and roll in the mixture, patting with fingers to adhere. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Heat a pan over high heat. Add neutral oil and sear the tuna on all sides, about 30 seconds per side. Remove the tuna from the pan and set aside. Deglaze the pan with lime juice.
3. Pour lime juice into medium bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, olive oil, shallots and ginger for vinaigrette. Slice fish into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over fish.
Now your late-summer meal is complete! Enjoy this dish on the porch at sunset along a glass of French Chardonnay in the newest white wine tasting, Chardonnay: The French Traveler!