As we celebrate our 15th year in business, WTSO is remixing many of 2021’s favorite Weekly Tasting sets. Join us in experiencing the same wines in a different perspective as they are served alongside new bottles. We’re also providing some new recipes with it, too, like a black bean burrito and Spanish wine pairing.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled with tails attached
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened at room temp
- Parsley, for serving
- French bread, for serving
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, shallot, garlic, and thyme. Saute for about 2 minutes, stirring often, until the shallots are softened. Add broth, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with more Creole seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 1 minute on each side, until they are just pink. Stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting until the previous one melts and stirring constantly.
- Remove skillet from heat. Garnish with parsley and serve warm with French bread for dipping.
This easy vegetarian meal has all the elements to balance a beautiful Rioja. Don’t miss more fun remixes coming to Weekly Tasting soon!