Summer is here, which means it’s officially time for outdoor gatherings and wine & food pairings! Start your seasonal celebrations with the ever-simple Charcuterie Platter, which you can put together for a party of 4 in just 10 short minutes. And don’t forget the most important part — pair the meats and cheeses in this classic platter with your favorite red wine, like those available in the Italian Reds Weekly Tasting set!
The building blocks of the perfect Charcuterie Platter:
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced soppressata
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced turkey
- 6 oz cheese (provolone, asiago, or parmesan)
- 1/4 cup jarred cocktail onions
- 1 cup gherkins or cornichons
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 large baguette, sliced into rounds
And then there’s just one more step after you buy:
- On a large serving plate, arrange the prosciutto, soppressata, turkey, cheese, onions, gherkins, and mustard. Serve with artichoke hearts and baguette slices.
It’s as simple as that! Be sure to set out this Charcuterie Platter alongside some delicious red wine as you sip & savor outside this summer.