- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or cayenne powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger or curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Bamboo skewers
- 5 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp ground or freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 tbsp water, if needed
1. Prepare chicken by cutting thighs vertically into 1-inch strips. Make the marinade by combining all other ingredients in a gallon-sized resealable bag or large bowl. Marinade in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. Fill a glass full of water and place the skewers in bottom-first to soak as long as the marinade.
2. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
3. Take one skewer and drain one piece of chicken from the marinade. Thread chicken onto the skewers and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken is skewered. Discard marinade. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Be careful not to oversalt since the marinade contains soy sauce and fish sauce.
4. Grill each skewer, flipping occasionally if needed, for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
5. While chicken rests, mix all ingredients of peanut sauce, except water. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time to loosen the sauce, if needed to reach desired consistency.
Serve this dish alongside a glass of rosé wine from the upcoming Weekly Tasting, available soon!