We are once again joining our partner wine expert, Marc Supsic, for a Weekly Tasting Live! Launching on Monday, February 21, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, A Quartet of Spanish Reds: Four Regions with French Connections .
Don’t miss out on a great value with this all-in-one interactive experience. Get recipe pairings, like the perfect Spanish red pairing of Chorizo and Eggs Tapas below, preview the information on YouTube, and join the conversation in real time via Zoom — at no additional cost! See you on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 for this Weekly Tasting Live! virtual wine tasting.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh rosemary, optional
- 8 oz ricotta or queso fresco
- 4 oz dried Spanish chorizo or dried sausage of choice, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh oregano, optional
- Cinnamon or nutmeg, optional
- Place a metal steamer basket inside a pot and fill the pot with water as needed to reach the bottom of the steamer basket, about 1 inch. Bring water to a boil. Gently place the eggs in the steamer basket, lower heat to medium, and cover the pot. Let steam for 12-15 minutes. Carefully remove eggs from pot and place in an ice bath to cool. Once cooled, peel and slice the eggs into 1/2″ rounds.
- While eggs are cooling, slice the baguette on a bias and toast them, either under the broiler or on a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. For an added touch, place fresh herbs on the baking sheet or into the skillet for the bread to infuse the flavor. Toast until golden.
- Once toasted, spread a soft, neutral cheese like ricotta or queso fresco onto the bread. Add the chorizo slices or sausage of your choice. Top with sliced hardboiled eggs. Garnish with fresh oregano and a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg. Serve warm.