Celebrate the next Taco Tuesday with this mouth-watering Chorizo & Potato Tacos! This game night favorite serves 4 and can be made in just 30 minutes. And you can’t have tacos without a delicious drink — pair this dish with a red wine from Portugal in the new Weekly Tasting set, Divine Wines of the Douro!
Here’s what you’ll need to start cooking:
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- 4 oz fresh chorizo
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- For serving:
- Warm corn tortillas
And here’s how to put it together:
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are slightly tender, about 5 minutes after coming to a boil. Drain potatoes and let rest until mostly dry.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, shake to distribute around the pan, and cook, tossing and stirring occasionally until very crisp and golden brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Heat another tablespoon of oil in the pan. Cook chorizo, breaking up into pieces and stirring occasionally until brown and cooked through. Transfer chorizo to the same bowl with a slotted spoon, while reserving fat in the pan.
4. Add yellow onion and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Combine mixture with potato and chorizo.
5. Serve taco fillings immediately with tortillas, cilantro, salsa, and limes on the side.
And then, all that’s left to do is enjoy! Grab the remote, pour a glass of red wine from Portugal, and get to pairing. Cheers!