Looking for something light and delicious to create on a summer weeknight? Create this Eggplant Parmesan for 4 in just 50 minutes. And to reward yourself for creating this healthy meal, pair your food with a delicious bottle of red wine! Find European favorites in the Italian Reds Weekly Tasting pack, and find other red selections available every day on WTSO!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 25 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Then it’s time to get to cooking:
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat eggplant slices with egg. Coat both sides of slices with panko.
- Spread oil on the hot baking sheet and arrange eggplant slices in a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip, and bake another 10 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees.
- In an 8x10 inch oven-proof dish, layer half the sauce, then eggplant, then the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with cheese. Then bake about 15 minutes.
And there you have it, a mouth-watering summertime dish to enjoy with a reliable glass of red wine.