Who doesn’t love a simple yet unique & flavorful recipe for any day of the week? Try out this Garlic and Herb-Roasted Chicken for 4 people in just 45 minutes. And to give this already-delicious meal an extra twist, pair it with a bottle of Malbec like those featured in the NEW Weekly Tasting set by Marc Supsic, Malbec Has A Secret: It’s French!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 lemon + 1 tbsp zest
- 1 bunch thyme + 1 tbsp minced thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary + 2 tsp minced rosemary
- 1/2 bunch parsley + 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 bulb garlic cut in half + 4 cloves separated and minced
- 1 small onion cut into quarters
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Follow these directions:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels – the drier, the better.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, minced thyme, minced rosemary, minced parsley, four cloves of minced garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, and salt and pepper into a paste.
- Cut the zested lemon into quarters and stuff into the chicken’s cavity, along with the thyme bunch, rosemary sprigs, cut garlic bulb, and quartered onion. Using twine, tie the legs together to keep all ingredients securely in the cavity.
- Rub the butter paste over the entire chicken and place it breast-side up on a rack set over a roasting pan. Roast the chicken for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you pierce the skin between the leg and thigh. Allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.
Now all you’re missing is a Malbec from one of our Weekly Tastings.