Nothing gets more Italian than some Prosciutto with a glass of classic red wine.
Create these refined Grilled Balsamic Peaches With Prosciutto for 4 in just 40 minutes before your next outdoor gathering to bring upscale dining right to your backyard! And of course, don’t forget to pair this must-have recipe with a bottle of red wine from Italy included in the newest Weekly Tasting: Italian Gems!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 oz brie cheese, sliced
- 8 basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
And the instructions:
- Put the vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over high heat. Cook until thick and syrupy, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in the honey and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let cool slightly.
- Brush each peach half with oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Place on the grill, cut side down and grill until golden brown. Flip peaches and grill for 1 more minute. Remove peaches and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Stuff each half with a slice of brie and wrap prosciutto around the peach. Top with a sprinkle of basil.