Enjoy a classic dish from Mexico with a coastal twist, the Lobster and Corn Quesadilla. Create this meal for 4 in just 45 minutes — but first, don’t forget to get a wine to pair it with. The mouthwatering flavors match perfectly with a dry, white wine like Chardonnay, which you can find in the Brick & Mortar Chardonnay Vertical Weekly Tasting set.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- Sour cream, salsa, and lime wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Then, it’s time to start cooking:
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add corn, bell pepper, garlic, and onion and cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and add chopped lobster, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Gruyère, Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheeses.
- Place a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Spray with cooking spray and place a tortilla in the pan.
- Add a thin layer of cheese onto half of the tortilla. Top the cheese with lobster mix and another thin layer of cheese.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over the cheese and lobster mix and press down with a spatula. Once the bottom of the quesadilla is golden brown, gently flip and cook the other side until golden brown and cheese is fully melted. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with lime wedges, sour cream, and your favorite salsa.
And in just 45 minutes you’ll have a quesadilla dish for the whole family. And just for you, don’t forget to pair your meal with a bottle of wine in a Weekly Tasting set!
Find the perfect wine pairing for your next home-cooked meal by shopping the wide selection of wine online at WTSO.