Put a Mediterranean twist on a classic dish! Create this Mediterranean Lobster Spaghetti recipe for 4 in just 25 minutes — which gives you plenty of time to find the perfect wine to match with your meal. Pair this must-have seafood dinner with a crisp white wine from the new Weekly Tasting, Chardonnay: The French Traveler!
You’ll need these ingredients:
- 12 oz spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup sweet vermouth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb picked cooked lobster meat (or large shrimp)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
Follow these instructions:
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti per directions until almost al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shallot and garlic until is softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes and paprika, cook for 1 minute. Add vermouth, cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Simmer another 2-3 minutes, then add butter.
3. Add lobster meat to skillet and toss to coat. Add pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Toss together constantly and add more pasta water as needed until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Top with lemon zest and parsley with lemon wedges on the side for serving.
And now it’s time to indulge! Grab a fork, grab a glass of French Chardonnay from the newest tasting, and enjoy your creation!