Everyone needs a light, go-to dish that they can snack on or & enjoy with their favorite breads…and these Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes are the perfect fit. Whip them up for 4 people in just 25 minutes to serve on game night or alongside your favorite meals.
And to treat yourself for making such a “winederful” side dish, pair these tomatoes with a glass of red wine from Italy in the newest Weekly Tasting set: Three Expressions of the Noble Sangiovese Grape!
Now let’s get to cooking.
Here are the essential ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/2″ thick
- Fresh basil, for garnish
And here are the simple directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
2. Place the tomatoes on paper towel to remove excess moisture. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add olive oil and stir to form a moist mixture.
3. Arrange tomato slices on baking sheet and scoop a heaping spoon of the Parmesan mixture on top. Gently press into an even layer. Bake until the cheese begins to brown, about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil, and serve warm.