We are once again joining our partner wine expert, Marc Supsic, for a Weekly Tasting Live! Launching on Monday, January 31, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, Syrah Vertical Tasting: Three Vintages In Sonoma.
Don’t miss out on a great value with this all-in-one interactive experience. Get recipe pairings, like the perfect Syrah pairing of Polenta Bites with Wild Mushrooms and Fontina below, preview the information on YouTube, and join the conversation in real time via Zoom — at no additional cost! See you on Thursday, February 24, 2022 for this Weekly Tasting Live! virtual wine tasting.
- 18 oz pre-cooked polenta, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tbsp butter
- 32 oz assorted wild mushrooms (such as oyster, crimini, shiitake, etc.) cut into thick slices
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Brush both sides of the polenta slices lightly with oil and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast polenta until lightly golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add mushrooms, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring periodically. Stir in vinegar and cook for another 2-4 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. (Mushroom mixture can be made one day ahead, kept in an airtight container,
- Divide mushroom mixture evenly among polenta rounds and top with shredded cheese. Put the baking sheet back in the oven and continue to roast until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.