We are once again joining our partner wine experts for a WTSO Live! Launching on May 2, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, Sparkling: Crémant and Champagne.
Don’t miss out on a great value with this all-in-one interactive experience. Get recipe pairings, like the perfect Champagne pairing of Potato Wedges with Truffle Aioli below, preview the information on YouTube, and join the conversation in real time via Zoom — at no additional cost! See you on May 19, 2022 with Marc Supsic AND June 1, 2022 with Jane Norrington for this WTSO Live! virtual wine tasting.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white truffle oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 bulbs fennel, julienned into thin slices
- 2 cups natural vegetable oil
- To make the aioli, add mayonnaise, truffle oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
- Place potatoes on a dry towel to soak up the moisture. Once dried, use a large bowl to toss potatoes and fennel in cornstarch for added crispiness.
- In a deep pan, add oil and heat to 325°F. Slowly slide the potato mixture into the pan in batches, taking care not to overcrowd. Monitor your temperature to keep the heat consistent.
- When the fries are golden brown at about 4-5 minutes, remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a rack-lined baking sheet. For extra crispy fries, you can return them to the pan and fry again for an additional 1-3 minutes. Season with additional salt to taste and serve warm.