Egg nog, step aside: there’s a new winter cocktail in town.
This red wine hot chocolate is not only super easy & quick to make (serves up to 8 people in just 10 minutes), but it’s sure to warm you up on a cold winter day.
Just choose your favorite red to add to the mix, and you’re set to sip.
Let’s get to creating.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fruity red wine – Shiraz or Zinfandel
- Cinnamon sticks & cocoa powder for serving
- Whisk cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate, and cinnamon together in a large saucepan.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until hot & smooth (5 minutes). Stir in salt.
- Remove from heat & add wine. Divide among glasses or mugs.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and cocoa powder
It’s that easy! Now that your spiked cocoa is ready, it’s time to lounge by the fire and enjoy it. Cheers!