We’ve combined a classic dessert into the perfect trifecta: red wine + brownies + Nutella. This rich and indulgent treat is easy if you have chocolate hazelnut spread on hand — no cocoa powder or double boiler necessary. Plus, it’s a great way to use leftover wine if you have it… or an excuse to pop the cork of a new bottle to enjoy.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
- 1/4 cup full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet or Merlot
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup (94g) all-purpose flour
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper with overhang (to lift the brownies out easily after baking).
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat until creamed. Slowly add the eggs one at a time, then add vanilla extract and red wine. Beat until combined, then mix in 3/4 cup Nutella and sea salt. Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Once wet ingredients are combined, add the flour. Mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Drop dollops of the remaining 1/4 cup Nutella on top. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the batter. Top with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely, then cut into squares.
Whether you’re making these to share with loved ones or diving in yourself (no judgement here), these irresistable red wine Nutella brownies are sure to go fast. For recipes that perfectly complement wines, be sure to check out the latest Weekly Tasting set.