Seafood and winter go hand-in-hand, almost as much as this Salmon Pot Pie & a glass of wine from Robledo Family Winery.
Salmon Pot Pie with Creamy Tarragon Sauce by Chef Tori Sellon will only take you 45 minutes to make for up to 4 people.
Time to start whipping up this must-have meal:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ﬂour
- 3/4 C cream
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp chives minced (or dried)
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 small potatoes, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3-4 small salmon ﬁllets, skin removed
- Frozen puff pastry
- Remove the puﬀ pastry from the freezer and pre-heat the oven according to the directions on the packages. Times and temperatures may vary.
- Wash chopped leeks thoroughly, as they are very sandy. Let drain. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a skillet or cast iron pan. Add leeks and sauté until softened.
- Add ﬂour then cream and allow the sauce to thicken. Then stir in wine, chives, and mustard. Bring the heat down to low and simmer for about 5 mins. Add potatoes and tarragon, and continue to simmer. Season to taste with salt or more mustard.
- Cut the salmon into chunks, making sure to remove any bones. Add salmon to the pan.
- If using a cast iron pan, drape the puff pastry over top and let the crust move up the sides of the pan. If using a baking dish, transfer the contents of the pan to the baking dish and place the crust on top. Either method, cut a vent in the center of the puff pastry top.
- Bake according to puﬀ pastry directions. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes after removing from the oven. Slice and serve with a simple side salad.