Looking for a classy appetizer to create while stuck inside? We have the perfect solution — this mouth-watering Shrimp Ceviche! Make the must-have dish for 4 in 90 minutes. And to reward yourself for cooking, pair your Ceviche with its perfect wine match: a bottle of sweet, light white wine in the NEW Weekly Tasting Pack, French Riesling Comparison!
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 1 lb peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 3-4 tbsp and 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion OR 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalepeño, minced (add half for less heat, leave in seeds for more heat)
- 1/2 cucumber. seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
Then, it’s time to get cooking!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 3-4 tbsp Kosher salt.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- Drain the shrimp. Once cooled, chop the shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl with lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt. Add seeded and chopped tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, minced jalepeño, and chopped cilantro.
- Toss, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
And there you have it! A must-have, easy recipe to put together any night of the week. And don’t forget to treat yourself to a glass of wine from a Weekly Tasting set afterward!
Find the perfect wine pairing for your next home-cooked meal by shopping the wide selection of wine online at WTSO.