Having a few guests over this fall? Make your gathering one to remember with this must-have appetizer paired with a bottle of red wine. These Smoked Salmon Tartines can serve 6 in just 25 minutes — and of course, they match miraculously with rich red wine. Pair this light dish with a bold California Pinot Noir from the newest Weekly Tasting, Can You Taste the Terroir?
Now let’s get to cooking!
Here are the simple ingredients:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped finely
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 8 oz smoked salmon, sliced
And the instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl, mix butter with mustards, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of the dill. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Lay baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast in oven until slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Flip halfway through. Let cool.
4. Spread toasts with the butter mixture and lay smoked salmon on top. Serve with more dill sprinkled over toasts, if desired.