Take a tour of Europe when you pair this Italian recipe with our French Weekly Tasting set, Laurent Perrachon Winery! Enjoy this dish for 4-6 after just 20 minutes of preparation, then pour yourself a glass of French wine from this week’s tasting set.
Here are the simple ingredients:
- 1 lb spaghetti or other long pasta
- ½ cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
And how to make it in a snap:
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to boil.
- Add a large pinch of salt and stir in the spaghetti. Cook for 10-12 minutes or according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil on low. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemon in strips making sure to avoid the pith. Smash the garlic cloves with the back of a knife. Add the garlic and lemon zest to the oil and steep on low for 10 minutes. Strain the oil.
- When the pasta is al dente, strain it and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Toss the pasta in the lemon-garlic oil until well coated. Slowly add ¾ of a cup of parmesan cheese while tossing. Add the minced parsley and black pepper. If the pasta seems dry, add the reserved cooking water and toss thoroughly. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
And now you’re all set to go on a European food and wine tour right from your living room! Be sure to pair this delicious Italian dish with one of the red or white French wines from our latest tasting, Laurent Perrachon Winery!