We are once again joining our partner wine expert, Marc Supsic, for a Weekly Tasting Live! Launching on Monday, February 21, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, A Quartet of Spanish Reds: Four Regions with French Connections .
Don’t miss out on a great value with this all-in-one interactive experience. Get recipe pairings, like the perfect Spanish red pairing of Spanish Garlic Mushrooms below, preview the information on YouTube, and join the conversation in real time via Zoom — at no additional cost! See you on, Wednesday March 16, 2022 for this Weekly Tasting Live! virtual wine tasting.
- 1 15-oz can of white beans, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 oz garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp canned black olives, drained
- 1 baguette
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, optional
- ½ tsp toasted fennel seeds, optional
- Place beans in a middle bowl. Add olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Using a fork, smash them until they form a paste.
- In a medium sauté pan, add olive oil, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add fennel and olives, cooking for about 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice baguette into biased cuts and toast them, either under the broiler or on a skillet with 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil. Toast until golden.
- Once toasted, spread the bean mixture onto the bread. Top with mushroom mixture and garnish with tarragon. For additional flavor, grind toasted fennel seed sprinkled over top. Serve with sliced crusty bread for tapas or rice for a heartier meal.