Taking a break from takeout tonight? Treat yourself to your very own homemade Spicy Orange Chicken! Make this delicious dish for 4 in just 45 minutes And to treat yourself even more, pair your chicken with its perfect wine match: a bottle of crisp white wine in the NEW Weekly Tasting Pack, French Riesling Comparison!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 cup orange juice, reserving 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp (or more, if desired) sriracha
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cuts into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Neutral oil for frying (vegetable, canola, grapeseed)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Then, it’s time to get cooking! Here’s how:
- In a large bowl, add chicken pieces and beaten eggs. Toss until the chicken is completely coated.
- Add cornstarch to a shallow dish. Dip each piece of chicken in the cornstarch until well-coated.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large pan and heat on medium-high.
- Add several pieces of chicken and pan-fry on all sides until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Continue with the remainder of the chicken.
- For the sauce: add orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce garlic, ginger, sriracha, and orange zest to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp cornstarch in 1 tbsp orange juice.
- Add this mixture to the sauce and stir. Cook until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked chicken in the sauce, serve chicken over rice and top with fresh scallion and sesame seeds.
And there you have it! A mouthwatering, crave-able recipe to put together any night of the week. And don’t forget to treat yourself to a glass of wine from a Weekly Tasting set afterward!
Find the perfect wine pairing for your next home-cooked meal by shopping the wide selection of wine online at WTSO.