Based on the flavor profiles of Tuscan red wines, this Sundried Tomato and Ricotta Crostini recipe pairs perfectly. All of those tart sour cherry and fruit notes on the wines are a perfect marriage with tomatoes and the herbal elements partner right up with that basil and garlic.
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 11 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 14 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 120-30 crostini pieces, toasted
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Spread ricotta evenly over crostini pieces and top with sun-dried tomato mixture.