While we all love seeing the look on our loved ones’ faces as they open our holiday gifts, shopping for them can be difficult. After all, how can we be sure that we’re getting them something that they both enjoy and deserve?
Well if one of your loved ones is a fan of wine, you’re in luck. Wine-related gifts are both personal and simple, making them perfect for hard-to-shop-for family members and friends. However, you have to be careful when it comes to wine gifts.
There are plenty of gifts out there, but just any wine-themed trinket won’t cut it. That’s why we’re here — to help you narrow down your options and find the gift that will have your loved one sipping with joy.
Guiding You to Success This Holiday Season
You didn’t think you’d have to come up with ideas alone, did you? With the guide below, we’ll serve as your personal holiday wine shopper. We’ll not only help you find gifts that work for every type of wine lover on the map, but we’ll show you where to find them.
So get ready, because we’re about to equip you with all you need to satisfy even the trickiest of wine lovers. Let’s start with part 1:
How to Shop for Every Type of Wine Lover
While wine lovers certainly have a lot in common, they’re not all the same. Every wine lover has different types of wine and gifts they are interested in, so make sure you know who the one in your life is.
Below are just a few descriptions of the types of wine lovers you may run into this holiday season, along with how to shop for them:
The traditionalist. This wine lover is a little stuck in their ways, but there’s nothing wrong with that. With some experience under their belt, the traditionalist knows what they want and stays loyal to it. If you were to get them their favorite go-to wine, they would see that you pay attention to their favorite things.
The world traveler. This one never stays still. They’re always on the move, traveling and trying new wines. Their palate is extremely cultured, so make sure you get them a gift that accommodates it.
The curious one. Like the world traveler, the curious one is always up to try new things. They’re easily pleased and just want to learn more about wine and try new flavors. They’re a fun type of wine lover to buy a gift for, because they’re open to anything.
The picky one. This person is either new to the world of wine, or (similarly to the traditionalist) they chose one type of wine they liked and stuck to it. Picky doesn’t necessarily mean hard-to-please, as long as you pay attention to their specific tastes.
The collector. They’re the person with the ever-expanding wine cellar who loves getting their hands on new bottles. The collector is typically simple to shop for, since they’re always open to new additions.
The event planner. This person has a bottle on-hand for every dinner party, work event, or night out. They plan their bottles of wine out ahead for every occasion, so they like to have a selection of special wines to choose from.
We understand that not every wine lover falls into one of those categories, but it helps to narrow down which gift to get for the connoisseur in your life.
And now that you know a little more about the recipient, let’s get to part 2: the gift.
Which Wine Gift is the Perfect Fit?
There are tons of wine gifts out there, but we put together four that are bound to please even the toughest wine lovers. These gifts are general yet heartwarming, simple but thoughtful — making them perfect for the holiday season.
Here are just some of our favorite holiday wine goodies, along with who would be the gift’s perfect fit:
- For people who are interested in different wines and are always up to try something new
- For those who like making up their own mind when it comes to wine
- A personal gift that lets them do their own thing
- General gift for both friends and family
- Perfect for: the curious one, the picky one
- For people who know exactly what they like and have a go-to bottle
- A very thoughtful gift for anyone in the family
- Bottle of wine and holidays go hand-in-hand
- Shows that you know what the recipient likes
- Perfect for: the traditionalist, the collector
- For people who like to work with their hands & are always on their feet
- For those who love starting new projects
- They can use innovative wine tools, deck out with wine-themed accessories, hang up decor in the home, or start a new home project with wine materials.
- Perfect for: the event planner
- For those who like exploring the world of wine, even if they’re at home
- Great for those who enjoy expanding their wine knowledge
- Weekly Tasting sets with 2-4 bottles, tasting cards, recipes, and wine info
- Ideal for group gatherings, good friend activity
- Perfect for: the world traveler, the curious one
The Gift That Keeps Giving
Chances are, one of these gifts are bound to sweep a family member or friend off their feet this holiday season. And the best part of all, you can find most of the gifts we listed in just a few clicks at WTSO. Find gift cards, tasting sets, and wine bottles right on our website, and checkout to add on a one-of-a-kind wine bag for those world travelers and curious wine drinkers!
Check all the wine lovers off your list at once by doing your holiday shopping with WTSO. Designate gifts in your cart, add personal holiday messages, ship directly to their door, and more! Shop our holiday selection to learn more.