We are once again joining our partner wine expert, Marc Supsic, for a WTSO Live Launching on Thursday, March 31, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, The Art of Blind Tasting with Sommify .
There aren’t many appetizers more decadent than a Blue Cheeseburger Slider. Here’s our recipe for a dish made even more irresistible with the addition of beet slaw, radish, and orange zest. Read on for our recommendations for wine pairing blue cheese for the ultimate dining experience.
- 1 lb ground beef, pork, veal mix
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium beet, peeled and grated
- 1 large radish, grated
- Zest of 1 navel orange, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 sweet slider buns
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine ground meat with breadcrumbs, egg, blue cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Make small patties that are approximately 2 ounces. Using your thumb, make a divot in the center, which promotes even cooking. Place the patties on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for about 15 minutes
- While the burgers are baking, make the slaw. In a medium bowl, add the beet, radishes, and orange zest. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once patties are cooked, place one onto a sweet slider bun. Top each patty with beet slaw. Enjoy warm.
Wine pairing recommendations:
Pairing blue cheese with wine can be complicated, depending on the type of milk used to create the cheese. In general, a bolder cheese calls for a bolder wine. You’ll want to gravitate to a red wine to complement the meat in the blue cheeseburger slider, so a Malbec is a good choice. For something more intense, try a Cabernet Sauvignon. Shop our premium wine selection for more possibilities!