As we celebrate our 15th year in business, WTSO is remixing many of 2021’s favorite Weekly Tasting sets. Join us in experiencing the same wines in a different perspective as they are served alongside new bottles. We’re also providing some new recipes with it, too, like a black bean burrito and Spanish wine pairing.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey cheese
- Salsa, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion, bell peppers, corn, and spices and saute for 2-4 minutes. Add beans, cilantro, and lime juice, gently stirring together for 2 more minutes being careful to not break the beans. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the burritos by laying down one tortilla on a flat surface. Add the filling onto the half closer to you, using ¼ cup of the black bean mixture, 2 tablespoons of rice, and 1 tablespoon of each cheese. Leave a few inches from the edge to wrap the burrito.
- Wrap the burrito by rolling it away from you, so that the filling is tightly tucked into the tortilla. Fold the sides in, and continue wrapping it away from you to the other edge of the tortilla. Repeat steps 2-3 for the remaining burritos.
- In a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of oil. Place two burritos in the skillet for 1-2 minutes until they are crisped. Repeat with the remaining two. Serve warm with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
This easy vegetarian meal has all the elements to balance a Spanish wine pairing like a beautiful Rioja. Stay tuned for more fun remixes coming to Weekly Tasting soon!