We are once again joining our partner wine experts for a WTSO Live! Launching on May 2, 2022, you can expect a brand new curated set, Sparkling: Crémant and Champagne.
Don’t miss out on a great value with this all-in-one interactive experience. Get recipe pairings, like the perfect Champagne pairing of Potato Wedges with Truffle Aioli below, preview the information on YouTube, and join the conversation in real time via Zoom — at no additional cost! See you on May 19, 2022 with Marc Supsic AND June 1, 2022 with Jane Norrington for this WTSO Live! virtual wine tasting.
- 1-2 tbsp high-heat oil, such as avocado or canola
- 2-4 Asian or Bosc Pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 Navel orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup goat or blue cheese crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Heat a well-oiled skillet or griddle on medium-high. When it’s hot and slightly smoking, place the pears cut-side-down. Grill for about 5 minutes until softened and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, make the citrus dressing by whisking together ginger, orange juice, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salads by dividing arugula between the plates. Place grilled pears on top. Dress with the cheese crumbles, citrus dressing, seeds, and a very light sprinkle of cinnamon.
You sure it’s 11 tablespoons grated ginger? Seems excessive!
Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback on our post, unfortunately that was a typo! We have adjusted the blog, it is just 1 tablespoon of grated ginger!