As we celebrate our 15th year in business, WTSO is remixing many of 2021’s favorite Weekly Tasting sets. Join us in experiencing the same wines in a different perspective as they are served alongside new bottles. We’re also providing some new recipes with it, too, like this Korean Pork Bulgogi and French Grenache wine pairing.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ gala apple, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mirin cooking wine
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1½ lbs pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, cut into 1½” pieces
- White rice, for serving
- Pickled vegetables, for serving
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the first nine (9) ingredients until a smooth consistency is reached. Pour sauce into a large bowl and add pork. Mix to coat pork evenly and marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- After marinating, heat a stove-top grill pan or wok on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork and its sauces to the pan carefully, as it will splatter. Cook for 8-11 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add green onions, tossing to let the residual heat wilt them slightly. Serve over white rice with traditional Korean pickled vegetables on the side.
Don’t miss more fun remixes coming to Weekly Tasting soon!