Need a healthy dinner recipe to prepare this week? Whip up this tofu, broccoli, and mushroom stir fry for 4 in just 45 minutes. And to treat yourself for cooking such a healthy summertime meal, match that tofu with your favorite red wine. Find perfect Pinot pairings in the NEW Weekly Tasting set, Valenti Ranch Pinot Noir!
Here are all the ingredients:
- 1 14oz block extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes.
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (button, cremini, shiitake, oyster, etc.)
- 4 tbsp neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, canola, grapeseed, etc.), divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8-12oz broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp Hoisin
- Salt & pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly
- Sesame seeds
- Optional: Sriracha to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Place tofu cubes on a paper towel and pat with another paper towel to dry. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove woody stems and chop mushrooms into large chunks.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil and half the tofu. Cook the tofu until golden brown on all sides. Repeat with the remaining tofu, adding more oil if needed.
- Transfer tofu to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tbsp oil plus 1 tsp sesame oil to the pan. Add mushrooms, garlic, and ginger to the pan and cook until liquid is released and evaporated. Add broccoli, soy sauce, Hoisin, and optional Sriracha. Cover and cook until broccoli is tender. Remove lid and add tofu and half the scallions. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over steamed rice and top with remaining scallions and sesame seeds.
And now all you have to do is pair your delicious dish with a Pinot Noir from one of our Weekly Tasting sets.