The holiday season is all about coming together and spending time to show gratitude with loved ones. Sometimes, it’s easier said than done. In collaboration with our wine expert partner, Marc Supsic, we’re excited to bring you Weekly Tasting Live! With this interactive approach, we aim to spark meaningful and educational conversations about the world of wine — together, in real time. Launching on Monday, November 1, 2021, you can expect a brand new curated set, Live! Holiday Wine Tasting: Pinot & Beaujolais.
In other exciting news, this set highlights two wines made from the Gamay grape. Luckily, it’s great for pairing with sweeter dishes with earthy elements, which makes it perfect for fall. We’re excited to pair Beaujolais wines with our favorite holiday treats made from sweet potatoes and pumpkin! While we’re saving pie for Thanksgiving, these pumpkin cookies make a fantastic everyday treat.
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, add the butter. Stir the butter until brown flecks form on the bottom of the pan, being careful it does not burn. Once the butter is a nice amber color, remove from the burner and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, followed by the browned butter. After a minute or two of mixing, add the remaining liquid ingredients until all combined.
- Chill your mix in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to one full day) before baking. This will give the flavors appropriate time to fuse.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop tablespoons of your mixed dough and place 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies may appear to be underdone during that time, but be assured they will finish cooking on the baking sheets as they cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely, and then enjoy!
Don’t miss your chance to purchase this Weekly Tasting Live! set and register for the first live tasting event on November 18, 2021. Space is limited, so don’t hesitate.